Thursday, June 30, 2005

one of my fav things about summer:

Thunderstorms! I was crafting last night until maybe 1 or 130, then I went to bed and then next thing I knew, I heard a giant rumble of thunder at 5am. The initial crracck crrrack when you know a large noise will follow was what woke me up, and then the climax was so loud and close I almost peed my pants! In an exciting way, I guess. I love thunderstorms. I looked around for Mulligan, since she gets very neurotic before and during thunderstorms, but she was no where to be found! Thinking she was burrowed beneath the computer desk in Le Chris' old room, I got up to look for her...and found her in my parents' room, both K and R awake, Mulligan on my dad's side and she was practically on top of the bed in fear. He was petting her and it was kind of sad in a way, since when I was little, I used to go in my parents' bedroom during storms (my mom tells me this story every time there's a rainstorm, it's like on her repertoire of "best of Sarah" stories from my childhood) and say, "Boomers, Mommy, Boomers." Oh my god, I never made the connection (until I typed it in this context, where people know Mike Boomsma) between my name for thunder and Boomsma. Maybe I'll call him "Thor" now, or "Thunderstruck." Not sure if he even likes AC/DC though. But it was a great storm...I missed serious storms in Europe. Not very often did we see intense lightening and clapping thunder and ominous skies...maybe that's just an American thing.

So now it's just me here; K, R, and Fatty are on the way to the lake. I was initially excited since I can play music at whatever decibel I want at whatever time I want, and can have people over if I want to, but major downside is Mulligan is gone. Katie calls her "The Other Sister," from that movie with Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi as mentally retarded people who fall in love. And in a way, Mulligan is my younger, dumber sister; my Rosie O'Donnell if you will. I like having her around in the house, even if she sleeps most of the time or snores and makes other strange noises or is begging for food...she's pretty entertaining to say the least, but I love her in a way that's pure and uncomplicated, less dramatic than the rest of the love in my house. I can really only get mad at Mulligan if she runs away on me, or attacks a dog when we're taking a walk, but she's about as loyal and predictable as you could ask for. People are less predictable, take K and R for example. I can get mad at them for stupid reasons and then it turns into a giant fight with overarching themes and referencing events from four or five years ago and god...it gets tiring. Mulligan is my preferred roommate at this point. She's smelly and large, but great in every other way.

Oh, so breaking news from Hollywood: Bureaucrats' Independent Sources Confirms Existence of TomCruise/Rob Thomas Rumor! Independent Sources announced today that it hasuncovered a new, previously undiscovered Tom Cruise rumor: Tom Cruise and Matchbox Twenty's Rob Thomas are lovers! Everything I've ever suspected about TC (and my feelings have only grown stronger in these past two months of "whirlwind proposals" and psychotic antics) has now been confirmed. The rest of the dirt, forwarded from my brother from somebody at his work: "A friend of mine just got back from LA and heard this scoopabout Tom & Katie from someone who works at Universal. The source saidthat they (Tom & Katie) have a 5-year contract and he's paying her $8million. The engagement happened so fast because Rob Thomas' (Matchbox20) wife caught Rob and and Tom in bed together and they rushed the engagement so that it would overshadow that scandal. Obv., take it with agrain of salt."

No salt necessary, anonymous friend! This has now also confirmed the potential of an idea I had a week or so ago, and NOW I know I have to do it: I am going to create a new blog called letmedebatetomcruise.blogspot.com with the intention to raise money for a public (or private, I don't care, just so long as it happens) debate with TC, me on one podium, him on another, and maybe, if this gets enough publicity, Matt Lauer can have the gavel. Or Judge Joe Brown if he's available. Fly to my Hollywood or Sarasota, or wherever the hell TC/KH/third BFF is at and have an impromptu debate. At first I just wanted to put him in his 5 foot 9 place (or is he 5 foot 7? can't remember, not that important), but now I want to expose him for the liar he is! I think L. Ron Hubbard would consider homosexuality as a direct defiance of "having sex in an unnatural fashion"...while I don't believe this, I would bet that Hubbard, and other Scientologists, do. God, I want to debate him so bad, specifically on his stance on antidepressants, if he can even call it a stance; he really has no valid evidence. So, pretty soon, when I have time, I'm making this blog. And if it doesn't work out, Tommy, I love your idea of either the gay or straight versions of these TC movies...though, the gay love cruise one sounds like an instant blockbuster! Especially if we could get Gloria Estefan aboard, or Gloria Gaynor.

Okay, have to take off. Have to negotiate Oakbrook traffic...already know I'm going to flick off about thirteen people who cut me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home