Friday, July 01, 2005

Like Wacko Jacko, Tommy's free!

Well, not "free" as in he gets to go back to Neverland Ranch and have barbeques and be rich (but bankrupt?) and ride on ferris wheels, but "free" in that he wasn't banned for life from Argonne (realized I was spelling it wrong the whole time!--usually I'm pretty good about mentally noting signs, but not when I'm covered in a purple sleeping bag)....thank the physics gods (or just Albert Einstein? Who do you guys pray to?) that it's over. Next mission: Phase Two of Takeover. Just kidding! Big Brother is probably checking my blog to see if I have recipes for pipe bombs or crackpot theories about the Chicago Seven Trial.

I don't have to work til noon and I had to wake up to move the car since supposedly we're getting our driveway re-paved. These guys aren't here yet, so I'm not sure if I should call Rog yet and let him know that he may have been scammed. Maybe they'll show up drunk at 1pm and I'll arrive home to a newly black-topped driveway. I think I'll go lay in the backyard and read the Friday Tribune. The building behind us is totally knocked down and my blue-collar boyfriend definitely was working the crain thing with the claw (I love my technical names for machinery) when I rode by on my bike yesterday and he yelled, "Hey baby, what's up!" I'm not scared to lay in my backyard, but our fence is about to fall over now that that building's not there anymore and I don't want them to think I'm laying out in my bikini for them. Oh well, maybe it will make their lunchbreak/cigarette convo more interesting. Still, Chad rules. I feel like I'm on the OC, but Chad's my construction worker, not my gardener. Or whomever Marissa started getting with; I don't remember those episodes very well.

For the past few days, I've been re-visiting old cds and found out I'm still in love with all of them, particularly All-American Rejects! When I was getting my bangs cut by Ashly last night after-hours (Jill was there too, it's like the Queen Latifah movie "Beauty Shop": we read mags and rapped and dished--just kidding, we didn't rap, I just wished we would) and I read an ElleGirl magazine that had a mini-article about AAR. I guess they have a new album coming out soon, which is exciting because I could still listen to this one forever. They look like young punks who like to drink a lot and be retards on their national tour, but then again, that's pretty much every young band out there. Who cares!! I'm way excited for this cd, I even visited their stupid website (which reminded me of visiting the Velvet Revolver website when Tommy and I couldn't remember who was in the band aside from the obvious members--I felt like such a nerd, reading their "band philosophy" and all this other stuff--the funniest part was that they all had tour diaries and Slash's was totally blank! He's just Slash, man, he doesn't do diaries; god I love him). Oh, and I entered a contest to meet AAR when they're on Jimmy Kimmel. So weird, I never do shit like that. Plus, I had to become an online member of--get this--Hot Topic in order to enter the contest. Tell me if I start wearing too many trendy outfits, it's the obvious affiliation with Hot Topic that has gotten to me.

New cd I got was The Stone Roses, but I can't get past the first song bc I love it so much: "I wanna be adored." The rest of the cd is also good, but at times I feel like I'm listening to Third Eye Blind or something, and I'm sure TSR would be horrified at this comparison but they way preceeded Third Eye Blind (I'm not even totally sure I mean Third Eye Blind, that was just the first thing that popped in my head) so the comparison is a result of my fucked-up ear. I have to wait until Bank of America gets my check for the last credit card statement before I start buying more music online, or clothes online. Or bras! Fuck, I just remembered, I meant to do that too. I should really learn how to use a burner, I'm spending so much buying cds, but I don't care that much. I do the same with books; technically I could go to the library, but I like having books as much as I like having cds so that weighs out the financial strain, easy.

Italics are fun. Seacrest out!

1 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.rosie.com/

the post you mentioned is a few back, entitled "oprah hermes" or something.

couldn't find the collage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home