Tuesday, September 05, 2006

so long summer...

....as you leap away quickly and everyone reaches up to grab the last traces of you...
But hello Halloween! This is my favorite part of fall and I look forward to this best of all holidays every year. I need to think of costume plans, any ideas that involve a pink wig? I have this cotton candy bobbed wig that I bought in the Hague with Maura (she bought a punk purple shag wig with white highlights) and I always want to wear it, but am then reminded of this strange girl Diana who lived in my hall freshman year of college and would wear yellow or blue wigs to go to the grocery store. Which is a little too weird for me, but I have been tempted to put it on many times. So suggestions are welcome and encouraged.
Kaitlin actually got me re-interested in Edward Gorey, and I became especially interested when I read that Gerald Murphy, an artist and ex-pat who practically invented the French Riviera for American artists during the 20s, used to read Gorey to his grandchildren. I just read a book called Everybody Was So Young by Amanda Vaill about Gerald and his wife Sara, and their friends Dorothy Parker, Ernest Hemingway, Scott Fitzgerald, etc. But Gorey appeals to me in the same way that Tim Burton does, in that they have complete visions and a finite feeling to their work.
Kind of evil, I like it.
This was the summer of nip slips. I feel like everything I put on celebdish was some celebrity or other exposing their nipple. But I had my own nip slip this summer that was thankfully not caught on film...singing karaoke at D's Little Italy, my right boob popped out when I was doing "Hollaback Girl" and all the lesbians in the audience about died. Really, there are these two lesbians named Innocense and Katie, and they are there every Friday night for karaoke. Sometimes they sing to each other, either Edwin McCain's "I'll Be" or "Santeria" by Sublime.
My brother CJS found this on google, and he sent it to me because it looks exactly like us when we were little and on our bigwheels for hours at a time. I owned pink pants and Chris used to have scummed up gym shoes just like that.
I'll miss the pool, even if this one's fake. Sorry, I posted this once already but I just noticed the can of Coke with lemon by the side of the pool.
I posted this one once too. But I think one day I'm going to do a photographic study of graffitti (which is really nothing original but still interests me) and definitely hit Europe, because there was some excellent art there.

Alright, sorry this post is so hodgepodge, and sorry for not posting for a while. I've been posting at celebdish, but kind of couldn't think of a topic to write about on here. But then I remembered how I did a back-to-school essay last year and thought the end of summer would be a good thing to cover. I still want to have a summer birthdays party, if anyone is interested.

2 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog spammers are the WORST!!! I'm also doing some serious brain-storming for halloween costumes. we're such nerds!

 
At 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

agreed. but at least everyone else is a nerd on halloween. when are you working next? kristin and I want to come visit you if it's alright.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home