Monday, July 04, 2005

od'ed on sun, bbq, and "family time"

I drove home today from my lakehouse in my dad's Honda (thankfully) and I was able to slide through all the horrible Milwaukee contruction traffic, Kenosha outlet malls traffic, Great America traffic, and Northern suburbs asshole traffic--I swear, once I passed Great America, all the Illinois license plates started really driving like retards. I bought a bunch of cds this weekend (er, from Wal-Mart! Danielle and I were there by 8am when it opened bc we wanted to make my parents breakfast, and we also went shopping. Well, I went crazier than she did, which seems to be the theme of the weekend) and the definitive Def Leppard double-disc collection was among them, so I didn't care too much. Plus, I know I've already talked about this, but new Honda Accords are dream machines! Dan Spain has one too (actually, Rog's exact twin car) and he was up at the lakehouse this weekend too. They ride so smoothly and I felt kind of like Michael Knight since everything in the car was right at my disposal. Thinking of Kitt make me miss my original car, the Techtronic, an '85 Nissan Maxima. Too bad Le Chris' stupid drunk friends drove it around in 2nd gear at Denison, or it would probably still be here today.

I'm exhausted. I spent too much time this weekend defending myself. Everyone kept yelling at me to go to bed, or back off, or chill out, or be quiet, etc. Quit tiring to hear this all the time from drunken family members and friends. Chris asked me point-blank, "Sarah, what do you have to prove? Why are you in everyone's face all the time?" Well, family, the answer to this question is, "That I'm not crazy! Certifiably insane!" Jerks. I'm sick of it. I have to move out, or at least have a concrete plan to get out, before they really do make me crazy. I realize I'm more hyper than normal, but hello, I'm not self-medicating for the first time in almost a decade. Of course I'm more hyper/excited; I'm not stoned all the time, or drunk.

I have to take a shower and then I'm going to start Melissa Banks' "The Wonder Spot." Early sign-off for this July 4th, which I'm pretty sure is also a first. At least since I was 15 or 16. Normally, I would have been drunk for 8 hours by now. Or getting re-drunk after passing out/throwing up, and beginning again. Kind of a relief not to worry about waking up tomorrow on my day off with my head in the toilet. Yay, a minor victory.

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think we're the only losers on the internet on july 4th.

remember the episode of Knight Rider where Kitt was racist?

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're not losers! I mean, I'm pretty sure we're not losers.

Can you remember who voiced Kitt? Wasn't it Mr. Feeney from "Boy Meets World"?

Do you think you could pick me up on your way back from O'Hare, if you have room? I haven't heard from Will, so I'm guessing he's already in the city, or planning to get dropped off there.

Otherwise, I can get a ride in or (fingers crossed) borrow a car, but I guess I'm crazy for thinking option B is EVEN an option.

Call me on your way from Champaign to O'Hare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home