Monday, August 22, 2005

Q. Who is Mike Jones? A. the shit!

Here's another question for you, this one taken from "Hustle & Flow":
Q. You stand behind yo product? [Ludacris says but his rap name is Skinny, and he's a bitch]
A. 'Sa pig's pussy pork? [Terrence Howard, my new fav actor, says this, but his name is D-Jay, and he's the pimp who rules north Memphis].

Ben and Rudy had already seen the movie, but wanted to go again, so we went to the Cantera 30 and my love for rap is redeemed. I even think I kind of like Taryn Manning, but still not so much. At least more than Brittany Murphy. But we decided we might go to Memphis, since I have some half-uncles and relatives there, and me, Ben and Rudy will cut our demo tape and hang out at crunk roller rinks. We also agreed to burn the soundtack since we were all obsessed with the "Whup That Shit" song (or was it "Whup That Bitch"? I can't remember the final product, but I did love "Stomp That Ho"), but we'll see which was of us actually does it first.

Today, the highlight of my day, whilst getting stuck in traffic on 294N for 2 hours on my way to the Niles Township Credit Union to re-finance a loan, was the air smelling like candy as I passed the Baby Ruth/Butterfinger factory before O'Hare. The scent was the best mix of chocolate, popcorn, cotton candy (so basically sugar) I've ever smelled.

So...my day hasn't been that great. I also heard "I'll Be Missin You" on R's satellite radio and I started crying, I swear. Not even about the death of Biggie, though Puffy's lyrics were incredibly melodious and reminded me of about 13 LT football games simulataneously, but bc I was thinking about how frustrating it is moving out of this fucking house and how sad "Hustle & Flow" made me, despite its minorly redeeming ending.

I'll think I'll feel better when I'm out of here and on Reta street.

2 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey SES,

You sound so mellow i think we've traded places. seriously, i'm getting more manic everyday and I think i've developed an addiction to ephedrine. i can't sleep and when i force myself, i'm tossing and turning till like 4, then i wake up an hour before my alarm clock goes off.

my pupils are dilated, my mouth is dry and my balls are shrinking.

ha, just kidding. but i am sleeping way less and i feel pretty energized.

I gotta see hustle and flow. you should see dukes o hazard. it was sweet.

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sar- tell dazedkid that his blog doesn't work. I've tried to go on it many times and it doesn't exist. PS- How the f did you get links set up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home