Tuesday, August 16, 2005

paris & grimaud


In Montmartre, we ate at an outdoor cafe, and had one of those wacky waiters you encounter at a place like Ed Debevic's. Each time he left our table after doing or saying something characteristically wacky, we all shook our heads like, is this guy for real? He even made Maura come with him to pay the bill and she had to speak in French the whole time, but everyone was being condescending and weird bc they thought we were stupid tourists. Which we were.


We took a canal cruise through the Seine and it turned out to be way cool, especially when we went through the 2 mile long underground part of the trip. Rog got very photo-artsy and took a bunch of pics of me when we
passed beneath the portholes to the streets above the canal tunnel, and our guide serenaded the boat with a picolo. The whole 2 mile trip under the Parisian streets was very "Phantom of the Opera" and Rog kept cackling like at the beginning of MJ's "Thriller." That's his signature ghost voice.


Didn't realize I wore white clown pants that day. Especially smart on a day when it looks like it's about to pour at any moment. This is the highest point in Paris, in Montmartre, and the view was spectacular. Lots of tween couples making out though.


In the Touileries, our first day of site-seeing with the rents. Maura and I will send this pic out for Valentine's Day 2006. I'm the most retarded poser alive. And I didn't mean "poseur."


Yeah, this is pretty much what we did all week at the villa. Maura read "The DaVinci Code" obsessively, and I read some woman's lit book I found on the shelf as well as wrote obsessively. And picked fights with everyone. I think I drank too much coffee that week. Ahhh, but that was truly the life. Wait til you see the view of Grimaud castle and the Bay of St. Tropez.



Hey, is that Paris Hilton on the beaches of St. Tropez? Did she spend so much time yachting in St. Tropez Bay that she turned black? Psych! That's KSS, in her lay-out uniform. Maura and I were at the next beach over, debating whether we should go topless in sight-range of my family.



This is immediately after I got home, a little drunker than I would have liked, and crying big tears over Mulligan, who of course, lifted her crotch in an "I missed you!" gesture. That was a great love-fest. She smelled like shit though.


The Skerretts Five, at our fav restaurant in Grimaud.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sarah, i like the new template. hard to read the text, though. it's pretty small!

tommy

 
At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the pic of your mom in her tanning uniform. One day I hope to be as tan as your mom.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks tommy for my bday rhyme/
really though, you are a slime/


nah, I don't feel like continuing with the little response poem I made up bc really, I was glad you texted me! even if I felt like you were my third grade boyfriend who somehow figured out text-messaging with his booger-covered fingers

duly noted on the font size, I started wondering that a few days ago, but now I know I should switch to "normal" size...too bad I can't switch the "normal" button on in every area of my life!

and I hope you post soon, I don't know how much longer I can look at Will's butt cheeks

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sar, the pics look awesome. Did that really happen? Because we could have both been having a simultaneous six week dream. That would have been weird.

In the last one your dad is making the "Molestez-vous, s'il vous plait" face. Priceless.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger SES said...

maura, I think he actually IS saying "molestez-vous, s'il vous plait" to our waiter. I want Rog to get a blog called Molestez-vous, or wait! An Ashly idea! YOU should have a blog named Molestez-vous!

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever get on that will have to be the name. i will dedicate it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home