Monday, July 25, 2005

sick on blogworld

I realized I've turned into a jerk blogger! I search for comments on other peoples' blogs, and then I feel this strange urge to comment too...it's a creepy obsession I'm not feeling okay about. I'm too wrapped up in blogworld--I have to get out, alive, while I still can!

I'm not going to stop posting forever, but I think I'll figure out www.hello.com (whoa, I just discovered that when you type in "www" the link automatically turns blue! and it's linkable! blogging kind of psychs me out sometimes, like right now, I'm not sure if I was the one who made my template accepting of links, or if blogger.com did...now I'm back into being-intimidated-of-computers mode) and post more pictures. Not enough time to write as much as I did in those early hyper-blogging days.

Went to the hardware store today with both K and R, the one in Hinsdale that is the most outrageously nice and furnished hardware store you'll ever see (two levels!). There was a super-deluxe kitchen on the second floor where they have cooking classes, and a guy from my high school who works there was making tacos for himself and an older female co-worker. [I think he was two years older and used to hang out with a friend's older sister...feel like I remember him with a Miller Lite can in his hand out in a field somewhere, maybe the Beefhouse, that weird party venue in Burr Ridge, which was essentially a wide-open field and a fire pit in the nearby forest.] The dynamic between he and his co-worker was strange, bc I was thinking beefhouse/drunk footballer while he was stirring taco meat and she was slicing lettuce, asking him about his girlfriend.

Then when my mom couldn't tear herself away from the garlic presses and designer handsoap, I sat in a comfy chair and it turned out this was the "wedding planning" section. I paged through a 12 month reminder to your big day (or some other haneous title) book and felt dizzy. Me and Katie saw a matinee of "Wedding Crashers" yesterday, so I was already a bit wedding'ed out but this was the icing on the cake. The book had a guide to securing a church, how to announce the engagement, whose who in the wedding party, and on and on and on.

I decided if I do get married, I'm never reading a book about it, let alone a monthly planner of what to do and when to do it. Ugh. The movie was pretty funny, there's this hilarious scene where Vince Vaughn gets jacked off at the dinner table, and Katie told me the girl who does it is actually Ali G's fiancee. Not a bad movie for the "hottest day in 6 years" but I still have to see: 1. "Hustle & Flow" 2. "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" 3. "5 x 2" 4. "Howl's Moving Castle" and 5. "Lila Says" ( still undecided on that last one though)

2 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i loved wedding crashers. chaz was hilarious. "Mom! Where's the meatloaf? Fuck!"

Don't stop commenting on comments. Nobody posts, so all we have left are comments. And only babies or pussies are bothered by excessive or long comments.

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger SES said...

thanks tommy...I can always count on my wife to set things straight.

for a second there, I thought I might be a baby/pussy. Whew, that was close.

also, thanks for the hello.com tip--now I can post ridiculous images in addition to my ridiculous words!

p.s. I was kind of hoping Chaz would be Norm McDonald, not Will Ferrell. Still funny though, especially when he was making grinding motions at the funeral

 

Post a Comment

<< Home