Monday, July 25, 2005

save Labor Day!


Don't worry, I haven't visited Rosie.com too much and suddenly become a bull-dyke.

I want to have a Labor Day weekend up at my lakehouse, and I thought what better way to get peoples' attention than to 1) post my very first image, a war-time feminist symbol no less; 2) make them wonder what the hell this post is about; 3) give at least a month's notice so that "plans" can be made and schedules altered.

Here's what I envision for LDW '05 (Labor Day Weekend)...Sat 9/3: drive to Six Flags and spend the day there, making sure to bring bathing suits since I mos def want to hit the new waterpark, then drive up to Port Washington on Sat night; Sun 9/4--Mon 9/5: assorted activities in WI (beach fires, swimming, boozing, tubing [if we can get Le Chris to come], visiting townie bars and taking over their jukeboxes, hot-tubbing and lake jumping, tanning/sunburning, eating pancakes and brats, etc.); Mon 9/5: drive back to various suburbs and city neighborhoods

I will most likely be up LDW anyways, but I thought I'd extend the invite to have an end-of-summer get-together. I promise it will not be like last LDW '05. Plus Mulligan will be there, which is always a major plus in my book. As long as she doesn't get in a bull-rushing mood.

So save the date, if you don't have plans already. Katie makes a killer broccoli & cheddar casserole, and of course, Rog will be manning the griddle. Let me know if you're interested so I know how many people might be there.

I'm so excited I can put pictures in my wordy posts...probably not as excited as others are, no more uninterrupted billion word posts. Maybe I'll throw one in there every once in a while, just to keep you on your blogger toes.

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad you haven't turned into a raging BD because if you had, we could watch the Ellen Degeneres show together and I wouldn't feel so self conscious. She may be a major lesbo, but man can she dance!

I'll come for the LDW party if I don't have to do family stuff. Wait a minute...I HATE Harlow. Sorry man, we'll take care of this in the AM.

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not sure what else is going on LDW, but I imagine lots of fam conflicts, or even other things going on at other lakehouses (maura's? kelly's? etc.?)...so maybe it will be like a "come when you can" LDW.

p.s. exact same thoughts on "Ellen"--I want to steal her DJ for the weekend, and possibly her dance moves! She is a true inspiration for white girl dancers everywhere, but the moms in the audience who dance suck big-time

 

Post a Comment

<< Home