Thursday, August 18, 2005

woke up an angry 23 year old

<--ate here on my bday, and it was as delicious as ever. They have this new appetizer at Red Lobster called the lobster pizza, and the Skerretts went wild for it! We weren't given bibs though. I think this was because we were at the posh downtown location, and not the one on Cermak.

Let me start out with the card Mulligan got me for my bday, and if you're rolling your eyes, fuck you, it's true: Mulligan "purchases" cards for holidays and also "signs" her name with paw prints, and either one of two monikers, Fatty or the Divine Miss M. Rog favors the former, Kar the latter; also their handwriting gives it away. This is pretty much how I discovered the truth behind Santa Claus.

This is probably one of the best cards I've ever gotten in my life, and though the cartoon illustrations were crappy, the words alone make up for it. Keep Tommy in mind as you read this, and note that if I had made this card, I would have substituted the word 'poopy' with 'dump' or 'crap', it just sounds better:

How Dogs Celebrate Birthdays
1. Rise at 530am. Wet-nose the master.
2. Go out and pee on the world.
3. Make poopy.
4. Sniff poopy.
5. Seriously think about eating poopy.
6. Eat funny-looking bug instead.
7. Throw up bug parts on living room rug.
8. Drink out of magic well.
9. Sleep for 17 hours. Start all over again.

and on the back, where you look for the Hallmark logo (phew, it's not there!) is #10. Roll around in filth, then lavish Master with kisses.

This is Mulligan's schedule every day, except in reference to #s 6 and 7: she eats leaves and plants, then throws those up on the rugs near the washer and dryer in our basement. My new nickname for her is the Brontosaurus, since she's so fucking gigantic and also a plant-eater.

I got some wonderful cards this year, thanks Suz and Satya, they're both gorgeous. And thanks M, D, C & F for my...da da da da! Ipod Shuffle! While it's not the real thing, meaning the giant megagigabite thing, it's still music at my fingertips whenever I want it! Now I just have to figure out how to work it. So for now, I'm letting it sit in a corner of my room in the bag it came in because I'm so intimidated by it. I'll open it soon, I think.

karaoke was absolutely everything I could wish for on my 23rd bday, well, aside from getting picked for Stickney Idol...read Katie's blog, she explains in detail all that went on at Hedgehogs, our new fav watering-hole-in-the-wall.

1 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you wake up an angry 23 year old? The title was never explained. Was it because how annoying your mom was being on the phone,
"Is Sarah there?"
"Sure can I ask who's calling"
What a cunt
J/K karen, you're my LGP Idol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home