Tuesday, September 27, 2005

"end of summer" rhymes with bummer

On the way home, flying back from Bethesda...had my seatmate take this pic. Thankfully, it wasn't a hot dad.

Dear Sarah, happy 23rd bday wishes! Thanks for dining with us year after year, despite the ridicule from friends and family! All the best, Red Lobster


We certainly were chatterlings that evening of Steph's bday...though I wonder what Wordland looks like, I totally want to visit. It would be like paradise for word nerds.


Whoa there, don't feel like you have to chug that down so fast! You do, after all, have the early morning trek back to your hostel after discovering the Paris Metro closes at 1am.


AlphaFeline #1: Kate and Mank. Plus some white wine.


AlphaFelines #s 2, 3, & 4: the orginals, Ruby, Steph, and Kelly. Plus some PBR's. (Tequila shots to come.)


First night back from YourUp at Kenny's: Kristin, Will and Maura, and the little yellow dog Maura won in the crane machine. I actually Indian-gave it to Tommy when he answered the trivia question about Edna St. Vincent Millay correctly via blogworld at the beginning of summer.


My little peachling, and fav dining date, go out to eat at Panera Bread. She likes the soup there.


Inside the limo en route to Tom Petty. And yes, we're wearing sunglasses inside the limo. It was like really bright in there with all the purple neon track lighting.

8 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Sarah, you need to learn how to flip photos. My neck already hurts from having to carry my huge bag with computer, 87 books, and 98009 papers...I seriously heard a crack when I tried to look at these. I probably have osteoporosis.

By the way, "Gone" is a totally sweet song that I've just now discovered. Pure greatness.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you JUST discovered "gone" (that's number 5 right?), it's like totally amazing...probs one of my favs on the cd.

sorry about the osteoporosis, I really did try to figure out how to flip photos but when the option wasn't available in my right click desktop, I stopped trying.

...so as usual, I guess I didn't try very hard.

how are classes going?

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dudes, "Gone" is totally the shit. one of my favorites to hear while running. good dynamics.

"... that is just so you, comin' back when I've finally moved... ON!"

Exept when she says "always ending, always over, back and forth up and down like a four-leaf clover"

well, that's what she should say instead of "rollercoaster". I know it makes no sense, but it sounds better.

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah, "end of summer" rhymes with "hummer".

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay! I JUST discovered "Gone" because I have a million songs on my iPod and I have heard a small percentage of them. JP puts a lot of stuff that I don't even know what it is (it's just moaning, some wierd XXX cd...R. kelly maybe?) so I have to make my way through so many songs before I actually get to the rockin' ones. I'm constantly listening and BOOM! My heart's aflutter because shit, this song is goooooood. Who is this? Where am I? Don't pee on me hobo!

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

XXX cd, as in the soundtrack to the Vin Diesel movie? For real?

I'm thinking I'm guessing completely wrong, and it's some weird cool band I just don't know about.

R.Kelly is gooood, but but Kelly Kelly is gooooooooood.

I never thought I'd get to this point, of using so many o's to describe Kelly Clarkson, or that I would have nicknames like KC for her.

and Tommy, clover does go better with over, except I could so see Kelly & songwriter co. wanting love to be more like a rollercoaster than a four-leaf clover. AND she can pronounce it "rollacoasta" too and do all kinds of cool snarls

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, and Steph, I just got some pics back from that night we went odd group out to that strange bar where we never got to hear all the songs we wasted money on in the jukebox.

But there's tons of candids I didn't take, or don't remember taking, lots of you and JP and us all sitting at the bar. ??? You can have some if you want, not sure if I'll do a mailout of this roll, lots of random nights

I think I made a really confused face at the Walgreens photo counter like whhaaaa? who did this?? But luckily that guy who developed all my rolls of film this summer ("you like to go out, huh") wasn't there.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Tommie Shefsky said...

Sarah- fuck career builder. You need to post something new on your blog and I say just do it from their computer. Who cares if you get fired, you're living in an area where you could easily pick up some "sexy side jobs" wink wink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home