Friday, September 23, 2005

second full day of fall: bon voyage summer

I already miss summer, and it's only been fall for two days. I get sad thinking about its end, even though fall is also one of my fav seasons, so I thought I'd post some pics I just downloaded from various events throughout the summer. There's some more that didn't fit on the page, so I'll post more later.

From Tom Petty...my only excuse for wearing sunglasses at night. And my "dude be my boyfriend" shirt, which I think I need to retire.


Me and Katie went out to brunch at Dali's Cafe in Downers Grove, and took Mulligan too...


Here's an action shot of Mulligan going for a piece of pretend food. She's so gullible! And I love when she opens her giant Brontasaurus-sized mouth for anything that even remotely looks like food.


Halli-Rudy, pimp style. Those are his office plants on the 87th floor of corporateworld.


Rocky Horror-Jeff, pimp style. Love those fishnets. And the sidepart--only few can rock it!


Ben and Katie on my back porch...I think the point of this pic was to show Ben's stature compared with Katie's tiny one, but it just ended up being a normal, posable pic.


Maura and Dawn at...Kenny's? Maybe? Can't remember, but I do remember the dance party and Dawn's sister Lauren on the floor. She's one wild bride-to-be.


I strapped a babushka to Mulligan's head, but could barely get a pic because she was panting so hard and shaking her enormous melon side to side. She's the...other sister.


I babysat for Riley and Tyler a few times this summer, and we made pancakes one night for dinner. I made Rog's classic Mickey Mouse pancake, and they were amazed like, pancakes can be made into animals?? Then we decorated some of the left-overs and made a brunch plate with donut holes for their parents to see when they got home. Pretty artsy, if you ask me.

4 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surgical pins
I took a picture of it with my camera phone - This is cool. There are 4 pins that are inserted into my left arm.
I like your blog, I'm going to bookmark you!

I have a fitness for business travelers site/blog. It pretty much covers fitness for business travelers related stuff.

Come and check it out sometime.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Tommie Shefsky said...

For the record... I do NOT think that a peace sign is something acceptable to do in pictures, unless you're Kate Hudson- she looks cool doing it for some reason. Actually I've seen a lot of pictures where people look cool doing the peace sign, Hmmm...
[note to self, make peace sign in all future pictures]

Sar- do you remember how many times we posed for that f-ing picture. It was ridonkulus!

 
At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kate, that pic did take 12 years to complete, and the finished isn't like all that great, I don't know why I made you pose that many times.

Probably bc you're the only person who actually poses for pics, and I love it.

I still go back and read about how you had to buy a complete chef's outfit on your blog...it really made my day, especially the monogrammed white COD chef coat.

Maybe you should be the sexy chef for halloween. Vincey would totally want you. And Allan, for that matter.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and we're nowhere near as cool as Kate Hudson, I mean, have you seen how cool she and her rock family are, and then her cool mom Goldie Hawn.

When WE do peace signs, we more resemble 12 year old Japanese school girls, and not in the sexy way. We're dorky, and maybe dressed in cartoon socks.

so, your call if the peace sign continues...sometimes I just can't help myself

embarrassing but true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home