Friday, July 08, 2005

happy 23rd katie!

Today, which I already saw is being called "7/7" due to recent attacks in London, is also the day on which Katie Tomaszewski was born! The world was changed and much funnier because of this birth. Kate's in Maine right now, and I'm excited for her to come home. Though we'll be one less girlfriend since Will is embarking on...what do we call this? Summer fun? Real World: Skopolos? Regardless, he may never make it to Greece; Danger was supposed to arrive in Detroit last night, but I wonder if it didn't slip out of gear suddenly on the highway? Oh well, then they could rent a Caddy and have way more room and style. The trunk alone could fit three people. I'm thinking about that 7/7 comment and wondering if Seagrams will have to invent a new name for their famed cocktail concoction. Maybe Ben should be the one to name it. I feel particularly bummed about London, especially since they had just gotten the Olympic bid. I wonder if this just is going to be part of the future landscape, and it isn't some sort of extremist fad.

My dad did just come in here and ask me to turn down the "bass." And I'm listening to Stevie Wonder. Things are better with them, I guess, but my frustration/annoyance level is still high. It's a bit more subdued today since I'm so tired. I missed my train this morning and Rog had to come and pick me up at Adams & DesPlaines. I played pretend Mom this afternoon for longer than I thought and didn't get home until 930. I nearly passed out reading "Madeline" aloud at 8pm and knew I was done for after Lizzie and Doyle went to bed and I had to sit on this amazingly comfortable armchair reading West Suburban Living. I got to read about my own bookstore's Harry Potter event Friday the 15th, and read my co-worker Kathleen quoted. Then I passed out sideways and woke up when I heard the garage door opening.

This post kind of sucks. I'm can't believe Will and Tommy are gone! With no guarantee of returning! I hope the road trip is fun, and if you guys happen to read this, let me know about New York and I'll see if I can talk to my friend Anna for sleeping space. Oh, one final note: no dice on Prentice Hall, and I'm relieved. I was afraid to consider having to turn down an offer since I'm not so gung-ho on corporate world at the moment. Now I have more options and opportunities and I can focus on what I want to focus on. I just don't think at this very moment I can sign on for a career-track job. Maybe next week though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home