Friday, August 26, 2005

more from the coolness chapter

<--I was going to post a picture from the latest issue of US News & World Report, of four students smoking cigars and playing poker on the lawn of Harvard Yard, from an article entitled "Is Harvard Overrated?" but unfortunately I couldn't find the pic online. According to journalist Richard Bradley (not the author of the article), "In terms of status, reputation, breadth, money, power, and influence, no other university can equal Harvard--not in the United States, not in the world." Wow. This coming from a Yalie journalist! This was supposed to make you feel cool, Tommy, even though we all know you are. ANYWAYS, since I couldn't find that photo, I decided to post miscellaneous things from my ever-growing photo files. This pic is from a bathroom stall of Bohemia Bagel, an internet cafe/fake Panera Bread in Prague. It was part of my photographic study of graffitti, which got kind of annoying for Maura after a while, since it's practically everywhere in Europe. This was by far one of the coolest examples I saw, though.

<--there's that damn peace sign again; I've sworn never to use it again, but I have a feeling I probably will for a long time. This strip was from Steph's bday at Rainbo, as you can tell by all the licking, kissing and nipple biting. Don't forget weird looks!

<--me, Rog, and Maura at an Italian restaurant inParis. She astounds us yet again with her multilingualism, and Rog can only order us "un carafe due," pronounced "oon ka-raff DO"

<--it took forevs for Rog to take this shot, on the bridge between the Left Bank and the Right Bank, and I think this was picture number 3 or 4. Note my exasperated face and Maura happily posing, plus how close we were to the street, but Rog insisted we stand there: "it'll look realistic, Sar!" I think the Parisian women attempting to cross the street thought we were crazy.

<--I'd kind of had it with photos that day. But the Seine River cruise was still way cool.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it might be "...KILL your dad and fuck your mother" which would make better oedipal sense, but I also like walt whitman's version

my fav thing on this whole post is my dad's cliff huxtable sweater, is he a teacher or what?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home