Sunday, July 10, 2005

"The better I get to know men, the more I find myself loving dogs"

Charles de Gaulle said that. And he made a great airport. On that note, bon voyage Jeff and please please please you and Laurel be safe. You both better come home. Or if you don't, it better be bc you've decided to be a wino professor in Italy, which I completely understand. In that case, book me a flight ASAP and I'll be your assistant. I don't speak Italian though, just some garbled version of Spanish, with a little dose of shitty French and shitty Italian thrown in there. Those damn romance languages annoy me. But I still do plan on buying French instructional tapes to listen to when I a) have a car; and b) am stuck in traffic and don't feel like listening to music.

So I didn't even post that title with the intention of saying bon voyage to Jeff...I saw that in Parade this morning and that was exactly the sentiment I had when I woke up. Not angry at people, but just annoyed? I feel like I shouldn't have gone out last night. But then again, I'm glad I had: seeing the Schneiders bros as 70s pimps (and Rocky Horror rejects? still confused about the fishnets), and Rudy (I'm always glad to see Rudy! But I never got his phone number, so I'll have to ask Maura for it) as a Halliburton pimp, and Chip and Kelly (did you have an alias? I can't remember...I know your whole story with the Lexus payments, but was your name still Kelly?)...so yeah, I'm glad I went out. But I HATE getting eye rolls from people who know me and people who don't know me. It's easy to brush off the stupids who don't know me, bc uh...they DON'T know me, so they can freely think I'm a lush, a retard, a pop culture whore, that I shop at Wal-Mart (all of which I do--actually I try to go to Target over Wal-Mart, but they are a tad more pricey, but I can't complain; I pay for Isaac Mizrahi and Cynthia Rowley to "design there"), all of which I am, if you glance at me at a party and see me dancing like...Ian Curtis? On Ritalin? Yikes. No but seriously, sometimes I look like a spaz. AND I KNOW THAT. Sometimes when bitch girls snigger (those wiggers/mixers) and pretend-whisper to each other, they think other girls don't see them doing that. Well, I do. And good thing I don't even want to be friends with them, so I don't care. But when people who know me (and I mean YOU, you're dumb! j/k I already apologized for that) think that I'm too intense, or out looking for a fight, or this, or that: fuck you, I'm not. Yes, I wouldn't back down from a fight if it was something I felt passionately about. But I do consciously PICK my battles. Why argue about something I don't care about? Then I feel like I'm lying or cheating (more to myself than anyone else) bc I know I could argue passionately about something, and I'm having a discussion about the properties of brats vs. hot dogs. Okay, I'm actually very interested in that debate; I would join it. But what I mean is that a discussion is between 2 (or more, depending on the sitch) people, and you never know how to "prepare" for these things bc they're spontaneous. And I like the fact that I never know what's going to get talked about when I go out; like last night, Jeff posed the idea that Mulligan has so many sleepers bc she dreams a lot. Which I completely believed (and am still going to believe, since I like that explanation better than my mom's/the vet's that St. Bernards have more eye secretions than other dogs bc they're a) so goddamed huge; b) their eyes are droopy). But that never would have occurred to me if Jeff hadn't said it.

Alright, I'm going to babysit the original girlfriends tonight--oh my god, I just had a brilliant idea regarding the tag-team Kelly and I are planning; Kelly, if you read this, ask me about it later in an email--so I have to wrap this up. But speaking of Kelly, I want to broach the music subject. I have never been this obsessed with music made by women since the 7th grade when I was heavy into Sarah Maclachlan (I still respect her, but too many trips to Lilith Fair with my lesbian moms, MF and KSS, and our blended family of me, Margi, Maureen, and Katherine, made me annoyed by a lot of her songs)...why am I so into Kelly Clarkson and Gwen Stefani right now (both of whom got some "oh my god, did those girls really put this on?" sarcastic ugly bitch faces)? A lot of reasons, that I could go into, and I will sometime, but not right now. I'll break it down: bc I've read up on their back story. Granted, I don't KNOW either of them personally, and all I have is interviews and articles and their actual music to make an judgement about who I think they are. I have and I like them both, a lot. I've always kind of liked Gwen, ever since Melissa Damasauskas played "Spiderwebs" for me in the 7th grade, but that was No Doubt. Now this is just her, and she's totally ruling. Same thing with KC: liked her, kind of, on "AI" but didn't really watch the show all that much so I didn't get into her until after she'd already won the competition. Oh, I guess I did sing "A Moment Like This" sometimes in the shower, when it was on the radio constantly. But then "Since U Been Gone" came around [and let me say both "Hollaback" and "SUBG" are frequent staples of good weekends, so I have lots of memories of listening to those songs, which alone would make me like those songs, in a good bubblegum pop sort of way] and I knew I liked KC for a reason.

Crap, I've already written too much. If I have time, I'll write more about Gwen and Kelly in the future, but let me just say, I'm already planning a karaoke rendition of "Behind these Hazel Eyes" (wait...I have eyes! Kelly, did you write this about me?!?) and my new fave, "Gone." In fact, I have to get dressed and I think I'm putting it on RIGHT NOW! I also have to post again, bc this was the latest "best day of my life" and I have to explain why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home