Thursday, September 01, 2005

news as of late


So, I got a career. At Careerbuilder. Where I can build my career amidst other young-minded professionals like myself. My soul is black. But it started out that way, so I haven't lost much in that department. They gave me two job offers in the interview, so it was nice to have a choice in careers, even though they were ultimately the same job, just working under two different people in different divisions. I'm already talking about this too much and getting bored, so let's move on.


This is the Melanie Griffith-vehicle they're really in store for at Careerbuilder! "Working Girl"?! Yeah, right. That only goes as far as my career outfit with pumps and blazers with shoulder pads, plus a fluffed-out hairstyle. Okay, and I'll most likely end up seducing some putzin-a-suit-who-might-be-a-bigwig by the xerox copystation. Wait, now I AM excited about being a career "professional." Because I'll still be demented, and they'll all think I'm normal.

On the plus side, I will get to do things like laser tag and going to get steaks at Ruth Chris when my team does well. I'm going to be the 2-martinis-at-lunch type.

Also, as far as I know, I'm still going up to my lakehouse...I didn't sell the weekend very well in my last post, but I'm thinking I'd still like to have a revenge kegger at 514. I'm going to come home on Sunday, I think, depending on what the weekend is like (it could--gasp!--be fun at my lakehouse!) and then will probably buy some brats and set up the slip n' slide.

Not sure what others' plans are, but you're welcome to join me. I think if my brother and his friends are around, we might play rings and blow the speakers out of our living room. Like we've done so many times in the past.

P.S. instead of wasting Labor Day in a haze of croquet, cocktails, and relaxation, I think I might volunteer at the Red Cross--still in shock about the complete devastation of New Orleans and not sure how else to help, since my finances are a joke at this point

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't get it. what, exactly, is your career?

i always thought working girl was about a hooker. is MG a hooker in that?

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

careerbuilder just called me back...

turns out i DO have to be a prostitute.

eh, no skin off my teeth! now I'll be a true working girl in both senses of the word

 

Post a Comment

<< Home