Monday, July 11, 2005

more from my new "best day ever"

Ooooh, that reminds me...I'm at the Tracy's! I can watch VH1 and Best Week Ever! I'm actually annoyed I missed the newest "Surreal Life," sure to be a sassy update of one of my favorite fucked-up reality shows because Janice Dickinson is on it. She won't be on "America's Next Top Model" this season since she'll be living in the "SL" pad (can't wait to see how tacky and obnoxious it is!)...she's going to have to be a true-to-god real BITCH for her to out-publicize the Verne Troyer riding his Rascal naked (!) and peeing in the corner of the weight room incidents, as well as Peter Brady and Adrienne from "ANTM" falling in love. (!)
Well, I wanted to update that this really has been a great day. I got so many errands done AND I possibly found my wedding dress. I'm still not even sure I want to get married (as opposed to a Susan Sarandon/Tim Robbins & Goldie Hawn/Kurt Russell common law sitch) but I know that I have the dress now if I want to. I can't detail it (even though I'm dying inside to!) since, due to the fact that I'm not in an LTR, nor can I really stomach marriage at this point in my life, I'll probably end up wearing it out. Guaranteed I wear it out--I just need the right venue. This is where Kelly comes in (Barry, not Clarkson, but the latter will probably be there too, in vocal spirit): we have to talk soon about an idea I had for this party! It will be grand. Oh, but important deets on the dress: it's a vintage Deco cocktail dress (perfect condition!) peach in color (I'll also accept coral, since J.Crew does call this color 'coral' maybe even 'tangerine') and has lots of sequins. Of course. Would I not spend $230 (marked down from $305, thank you very much) on a dress if it didn't sparkle in some way? Ridiculous.
So the dress is pretty much why my day ruled, but now it's even more great because I got to come over and hang out with Lainey, the original girlfriend (I keep thinking of "original baby gangster" but I'm probably not going to start calling Lainey and Anna that, just cuz, well, they're not ghetto, at all). I got to hear stories about Will as a babysitter and get wonderful Lainey quotes (ex: when I asked her what type of cookies Will would like best in his care package that we're going to send to Greece soon with his own "girlfriends" t-shirt--we're making these for the girlfriends club, and though Will obviously is male, he's pretty much our suburban gf--and she goes, "When he comes over to our house, he just eats alllll the cookies. And we say, 'Wiii-llll!'" and she said 'Will" as I imagine his mom does, or Maura does, when he won't stop poking her or something...and she's four, and she even got her hand on her hip!). Okay, I guess I could sit here and type all night about how wonderful I think Lainey (and Anna, but she was asleep when I got there) is, mostly bc she's my 4 year old self. If Patti is my older self (mid-to-late 50s? I can't remember her exact age, but it doesn't really matter to me, or probably to her: age ain't nuthin by a number--who said that?), then Lainey is me at age 4.
I'm pretty tired. Time to watch cable shit. AND read my newest copy of Star, hurrah!

6 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey SES,
don't get down bc only one person EVER posts on your blog...I'll start leaving you comments so maybe others won't feel so scared.

we'll start a blog revolution for dance the night away!

SJ

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger SES said...

Wow, thanks SJ, you came at just the right time.

I'll never get sad about lack of comments again!

you're the best.

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, YOU'RE the best!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger SES said...

This is the real Sarah...I even tricked myself! Oh, I'm so dumb.

It's 417am and I thought, maybe I'll see if someone possibly posted on here. And then I saw 3 (!) comments, totally forgetting I made them all, and got excited!

Ah well, this experiment has completely back-fired. I'm probably never going to post to my "self" ever again. Maybe, no guarantees though.

P.S. sarah jean was my nickname from my next-door neighbors who babysat me forevs...I can't remember what it's based on, but it did occur to me that my life might be even more complete if it's a takeoff on "Bille Jean." The fact that I could have had that nickname at such a young age is amazing! I'm still working on the real story...I might see MB at Dr. Mark's office on Tuesday

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my neighbors who babysat me called me 'juicebucket'. still don't know why. oh... the michael jackson song.

 
At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 'juicebucket' is the kind of nickname you wear (or wore--I can understand why you wouldn't want it anymore) with pride, bc it must have some kind of origin.

maybe it's bc you were a greasy-haired kid then too

 

Post a Comment

<< Home