Monday, September 05, 2005

me + quotes = true love

Since it's a day off and I've been thinking about lots of friends at home and abroad, I wanted to post something about Ruby Gloom.

Here is how her book starts off:

"One is the loneliest number...and I can tell you a lot about how that feels. For you see, I live on the outskirts of a town called Gloomsville.

I spend a lot of time there by myself--playing records in the attic and dancing on the rooftop of my mansion under the moonlight. Some people say I look like I'm sad and lonely. But I'm really happy in my own way. In fact...

...I think I'm the happiest girl in the world."

It really is bolded, I didn't add that, even though I recently wrote about how obsessed with italics and bolding I am.

Ruby Gloom's Guide to Friendship includes sections about what friendship should be, and to prove to you that it's not totally gay, since I think most everyone reading this is probably thinking, uh oh Sarah's gone gay on us, here's some tidbits:

"Friendship is...understanding

friends sometimes get carried away...but often that's what makes the best memories

Friendship is...accepting

never judge a book by its cover...because what's on the inside is what really matters.

Friendship is...sticking together

friends are there for each other...especially when you find yourself in unfamiliar territory.

Friendship is...sharing

the early bird gets the worm...but a good friend will save you a piece even if you're late."

I was going to post more quotes from the book, especially about friendship, but I have to go and I've been sappy enough for today. I was also going to post more pics, since the illustrations that go along with these quote-lettes are rad! but again, I spent too much time being sappy and I think I'm going to a Kwilosz beer-bq.

go to www.rubygloom.com

that link probably doesn't work, so be prepared for that; just type it in your browser, it's not that hard

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had a great time reading your blog today. Keep up the good work.

If you love beautiful things, check out these limited edition art prints You might find something you'll like - limited edition art prints

Stop by when you get a chance.

:0)

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger SES said...

and to anonymous:

of course I love beautiful things, ASSHOLE...

BUT

I'm NOT going to check out your stupid site, LEAVE ME ALONE!

and p.s. tell your friends

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah, you need to stop allowing anonymous posters on your blog. Well, unless you really do want to hear about "beautiful things" and "penile enlargements."

Did you have a party at your place this weekend? I was at home, so I'm sorry if you had one and I didn't come. It's probably a plus anyway, because then my germs (aka Will's old germs) would have been spread all over your house and would have infected you if they haven't already.

I hate when I have to take a duece while I'm studying at Barnes and Noble. Then I have to pack up all my stuff, lose my awesome table by the window (people watching!), and take a dump in a public restroom. *sigh* Well, here I go anyway...

Don't you love hearing about my bowel movements on your blog?

 
At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love hearing about anything you write about on my blog, or your blog, or Tommy's blog, and any other blog in this crazy blogworld.

I did go down the list of Tommy's links today and tried to blog all of those people to death.

It's been my experiment for the day, entitled: How much dorkier can Sarah get?

As time goes on, my dorkiness grows exponentially.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home